Jessica L. FarleyAssociate
Jessica L. FarleyAssociate
Conscientious. Thorough. Deliberate. Careful. Meticulous. Focused. Analytical. Well-Prepared. Determined. These are the hallmarks of great lawyers and they are often not learned but inherent in the soul of all great professionals. Jessica comes to LLG having started her career at one of Milwaukee’s largest law firms; she joined our boutique practice with large-firm experience in hand and today she is one of Milwaukee’s rising stars. The practice of law is evolving rapidly and technology is a big part of that experience. LLG and its clients relish Jessica’s broad understanding of today’s law practice and her ability to employ cost-effective technological solutions to maximize client results. She is a superstar in the making.
- Served as second-chair trial counsel for construction company in seven-day federal court jury trial.
- Litigated complex, multi-year dealership dispute and achieved comprehensive settlement for multi-state and multi-line construction equipment dealership in “bet the company” case.
- Defended manufacturer of binoculars and rifle scopes in trademark infringement lawsuit and settled case with payment from plaintiff to client.
- Appointed as counsel in a § 1983 action and first chaired federal jury trial that resulted in a favorable settlement for client.
- Assisted in winning summary judgment for Wisconsin financial institution in lender liability and related foreclosure action.
- Assisted with briefing, preparation, and successful defeat of preliminary injunction motion in patent case in Western District of Wisconsin’s “rocket docket.”
- Participated as member of trial team and assisted in winning partial summary judgment in multi-patent biotechnology case in District of Delaware.
- Member of litigation team in related California multi-patent action involving genetic sequencing technology.
- Achieved dismissal of claims seeking $3 million in punitive damages in action against large reinsurance company and auditing firm.
- Achieved successful settlement for Illinois hospital in breach of contract action.
- Assisted in securing successful settlement for Wisconsin food manufacturer in breach of warranty and food safety case.
- Represented distributor against large Milwaukee manufacturer in multimillion dollar termination case.
- Assisted in briefing of patent licensing issues in arbitration between a biotechnology company and private university.
- Provided pro bono representation to individuals seeking domestic abuse injunctions.
- Provided pro bono legal counseling at the Milwaukee Justice Center.
Published Works and Presentations
- Co-author: Seven Years Hence: Constructive Termination Since Mac’s Shell, 36 Franchise L. R. 627 (2017)
- Author: Wisconsin Open Records Law After WIREdata: Still Viable to Protect Public Access to Information?, 93 Marq. L. Rev. 1189 (2010)
- Presenter: Animal Cruelty: From Investigation to Verdict, sponsored by the Eau Claire County Corporation Counsel’s Office (August 13, 2014)
- Presenter: Wisconsin Libel Law and Defamation, Editorial staff of the Milwaukee Business Journal (2011)
- Presenter: Updates and Legal Developments in Wisconsin Media Law, Editorial staff of the Milwaukee Business Journal (2013)
- Presenter: Wisconsin Libel Law, Defamation, and the Internet, Editorial staff of the Milwaukee Business Journal (2013)
- Arcangelo, Inc., et al. v. DirectBuy, Inc., No. 3:13-CV-104-PPS, 2015 WL 5148513 (N.D. Ind. Sept. 2, 2015)
- Milwaukee Elec. Tool Corp. v. Hitachi Koki Co., Ltd., 09-C-948, 2012 WL 1952977 (E.D. Wis. May 29, 2012)
Professional Admissions, Associations, and Honors
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Indiana
Wisconsin Supreme Court
Thomas E. Fairchild Inns of Court
Wisconsin Bar Association
Milwaukee Bar Association
American Bar Association
ABA Forum on Franchising
Animal Legal Defense Fund 2017 Advancement in Animal Law Pro Bono Achievement Award
Marquette University Law School / J.D., cum laude, 2010
Marquette University / B.A., summa cum laude, 2007